Travelling to Hikkaduwa ππ
As a fan of marine life, I immediately looked for options for snorkeling and diving in Hikkaduwa beachππ.
I’ve heard from many that Hikkaduwa is the most well-known place for diving and snorkeling which I have never done in my life. Hikkaduwa is a coastal town in the southern part of Sri Lanka.
We took the train from Fort railway station and took tickets to Hikkaduwa. It is so easy when you take the express train because it takes less than 3 hours to get to Hikkaduwa from Colombo.
We got down from Hikkaduwa station and took a tuk to beach.
The beach was full with locals and foreigners and was pretty much crowdedπ«.
We got our masks and wings on and jumped in to the seaπ. First I found bit hard breathe through the snorkel because it was the first time I did that but somehow I managed and learned how to breath with that properly. The water was crystal clear and we could literally see the fishes in the seashore itself. There were an amazing variety of Fishππ. So beautiful and to Top it all up we Met Two Sea Turtles whom we spent snorkeling with and one was simply HUGE.
They aren’t scared of people and often swim right up to you!
There is an abundance of seafood available in Hikkaduwa.
We chose Corel Sands Hotel Hikkaduwa for lunch. Everything from fish, crab, and lobster is available and it is pretty reasonably pricedπ€π.
After spending time at Hikkaduwa with my family , we sat off to Colombo after witnessing the golden sundown as wellπ .
It's one of my favorite places
ReplyDelete